Website Positioning for E-commerce
Year by year, the number of online shoppers is increasing. Currently in Poland, it is estimated at 77% of Internet users! This statistic proves that the e-commerce industry holds enormous potential for those who want to try their hand in online retail. How can you effectively harness this potential? Google positioning is particularly important for online stores. This process allows you to gain the most valuable organic traffic on your site, driving the sales of products.
Free Evaluation for Your Store
What is E-commerce SEO?
Positioning an online store is a more demanding undertaking than SEO actions carried out on standard corporate websites. However, the goal in both cases remains the same - to make it easier to find a specific website in Google's organic search results. High positioning of an online store for specific keywords guarantees increased traffic on the site and, consequently, higher sales results.
What are the Elements of E-commerce SEO?
Positioning an online store is a complex process due to the website's structure, which consists of numerous subpages containing the product offer. Essential elements of e-commerce SEO include:
- Website analysis - its system, architecture, and navigation.
- Competitor analysis - examining the industry and its representatives ranking on the first pages of Google search results.
- Keyword selection - choosing keywords related to the online store's product range.
- Optimisation changes to the website - improving the store's performance, structure, meta tags, payment security, and more.
- Content marketing - creating unique product descriptions, category descriptions, and blog posts.
- Link building - internal linking between categories and products, as well as acquiring links from other trusted sources on the internet.
Why is Positioning Important for an Online Store?
Acquiring traffic for an online store through advertising is costly, especially when facing significant competition. A more cost-effective solution is to strive for higher sales through organic traffic (from Google search results). Unlike paid advertising campaigns, SEO actions have a long-term effect, bringing benefits 24/7. This way, you can reach a wide audience that is genuinely interested in your online store's offerings without burning your budget on limited-time ad displays with a low conversion rate.
Benefits of E-commerce SEO
E-commerce SEO Strategy
SEO actions for an online store vary depending on the industry, size of the product range, website structure, and other factors. There is no one-size-fits-all formula for effective e-commerce SEO. An individually developed strategy is the key to your website's success. However, three fundamental aspects apply to every e-commerce positioning strategy:
- Website optimisation - modifications to the site's code to improve its indexing by Google robots, optimising the store's architecture (breadcrumb navigation).
- Content creation with targeted keywords - product and category descriptions, blogs, meta tags.
- Link management - both on-site and off-site linking.
How Much Does E-commerce SEO Cost?
Just as the e-commerce SEO strategy may differ, so can the costs for e-commerce SEO. A store with a small handicraft offer may require different optimisation efforts than a large drop shipping website.
Aspects important for estimating e-commerce SEO costs include:
- the industry in which the store operates,
- website system and potential technical changes,
- size of the product range,
- popularity and mutual exclusivity (keyword cannibalization) of keywords,
- competition of the website.
If you are considering working with Greenfields, you can use our free evaluation without any obligation. The advantage of this solution is the opportunity to review a specially tailored SEO strategy for your site. Contact us for more information.